Sunday, January 08, 2017

Save 25%

This coupon fell out of a record I picked up recently, and I thought it was sorta neat.  The records that they've put on sale are pretty expensive items to begin with, a couple of multi-record collections, some high profile collections, and a fancy center-open gatefold record of New York music that I was pretty excited about when I found it long, long ago.  I happily paid full price, but I wish I'd had a 25% off coupon anyway.  The record this fell out of is the RCA Victor Red Seal Showcase In Sound (SRL-12-28), one of two promo collections they put out that came packaged in a clear plastic sleeve that is pretty neat.
I can't find this one at Discogs, but it's the Red Seal version of this Popular version.

6 comments:

  1. The coupon expired 60 years ago, but I'll still honor it if you want to buy the Glenn Miller set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. $25 each for the Benny Goodman and the Glen Miller. Not very cheap for 1956. Then I saw what you got for your money - 5 LPs and 15 45s!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it was 5 LPs or 15 45s, not both. It's a big set, but it turns up a lot in the thrift stores.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the same music in either format, that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you once again for all the shares this year. Hope to see you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ernie, one of my favorite Christmas music posts from you was 12/02/2012, the Crazy Otto Christmas medleys on a 45. Listening to it today again. It's great! I must thank you again for this post!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...