Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Two Lips


You very rarely see tulips in Florida. Pretty much the only time I see them is in pots at Wal-Mart, and they are usually pretty ugly to tell you the truth. But DC must be exactly the type of climate they like. They were everywhere. Huge beds of them, small pots of them and everything in between. And there was just about every color under the rainbow. Sometimes the beds were a single color, sometimes they mixed a couple of colors, sometimes it seemed like they got a few bags of different bulbs and planted them at random. I'm sure some of the people living there thought I was paying entirely too much to their common flowers, but I was just fascinated by them. In addition to the different colors, there were different types. Some, like these, looked like your traditional tulips, a deep cup. I saw some that were more open, some that had so many petals they looked like a rose, some had petals that came up to a point, the varieties seemed endless. And then the patterned ones, I could go on and on. Actually, I will go on and on, but not all in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...