Friday, November 27, 2009

Big Bird


Continuing on with new pictures from my new D7, here's an extreme close-up of a sandhill crane yesterday. There was a flock of four of these guys wandering around in the neighbors yard. I stalked them for quite a while, actually filling up my memory card with pictures. I won't bore you with all of those, but I wanted to show you at least one. This is a full-size shot from my new camera, not cropped at all. This answers a question I've had about these birds and was never sure of the answer. The red part is skin, not feathers. You can zoom in close on this picture and see the little red, fleshy bumps next to the smooth gray feathers. Pretty cool.

1 comment:

  1. Two Things...Thanks for sharing the "oldies" from christmas's past...also, I would like to see more Sandhill Cranes...they are now flying over central Indiana heading south, but I never have seen them any closer than in the air.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...