Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Demilio I Don't Have


Sometimes you have to look closely to see what's right there in front of you. I spotted this LP recently and didn't think much of it until I took a closer look. And sure enough, right there in plain sight was another Demilio cover, one that I didn't have! Unfortunately, I still don't have it, but at least I have a small picture of it. The record you're looking at above is Stanley Black And His Orchestra-Red Velvet (London LL 1592), but the Demilio cover I've blown up for you below is on Stanley Black And His Orchestra-Festival In Costa Rica (I can't read the catalog number, sorry). If you can't wait for me to find this fifty year old album, you can visit this website that has a picture of the UK version of the LP on Decca. He's also got two or three others that I've never seen, so I have my work cut out for me.

(I've got still more minor Demilio treats for you this week, so come back soon!)

4 comments:

  1. I have the Costa Rica London LP. Mine says it is London LL-1101.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I saw that record in record store in Orlando on August 14 2012. Actually they had two items and I bought one. The name of the store is East-West Compact Discs & Tapes, Ph: (407) 859-8991. I di not realized about Demilio, until I just bough yesterday Edmundo Ros and his Orchestra Calypsos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw and bought Stanley Black's album. Not Costa Rica.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that place still there? I haven't thought about them in years. How about Park Avenue CDs, are they still around? I know they moved off of Park Avenue...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...