Monday, February 11, 2008

Oodles Of Doodles CCCXXXIII


Well, I never thought I'd get this far in my doodles. The first hundred was pretty easy, the second hundred took a while, but it wasn't too hard. The third hundred took even longer, and now I am one third of the way to my first thousand. It's an odd milestone to celebrate, but here I am anyway. And I found a handful of doodles by one of the great doodle artists, Mozelle Thompson. Still don't know much about him, but I know he's fairly prolific. I believe that prior to this doodle, all of his work has been for RCA, but with this one, he spreads out to MGM. These six doodles are actually from inside the gatefold cover of The Starlight Symphony Conducted By Cyril Ornadel-The Musical World Of Cole Porter (MGM E3843, 1960). I've got no idea why I picked this record up, but I did, then I opened it up, and there were these doodles. I think these doodles represent the 6 musicals named on the cover, those being Kiss Me Kate, Born To Dance, Leave It To Me, Can Can, Silk Stockings and Rosalie. I can't tell you which one is which but I'm sure many of you can figure them all out.

So, where else have you seen artwork here at the blog by Mozelle Thompson? Let me count the ways: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 And one maybe that I just noticed last night in an old post.

6 comments:

  1. So, what, you thought you might get to CCCXXII and that'd be it? I for one hope you do make it to M, and I'll be sitting here enjoying them all.

    Hey, Ernie, when are you going to start using labels so I can click on "doodles" and see them all in one shot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I'll make it up to M. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon.

    I tried using labels for a bit, but I got tired of it. The search function seems to work quite well for my needs. Just type the word Doodle in and let it go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or you could just, I don't know, publish them all in BOOK FORM... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I want to bring down the ire of these various and asundry record labels upon me. But we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so, despite all your prior experience with making books, you would still consider it? !!! ??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Books, Schmooks. Now get back to work!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...