Thursday, November 22, 2007

Sisters Three

Here's another rerun from late in the year last year that you may have missed. This is one of the few records that had eluded me for many years so I had to break down and buy it off of eBay for a small fortune. I take some small pride in the fact that nearly all of the records I share with you here on the blog are things that I find at thrift stores for one dollar or less. But not this one. You don't have to pay for it, though, you get to hear my copy. So here's The McGuire Sisters-Greeting From The McGuire Sisters (Coral CRL 57225, 1958) for your enjoyment. I've got a track from The McGuire Sisters on an Arthur Godfrey record coming up later this season, so stay tuned. Also, more Christmas McGuire Sisters can be found here and here.

Update: This one is out on CD now, although it's a little hard to tell. There's a collection on the Jasmine label that includes all the songs from this LP, plus all the songs from the Christmas With Arthur Godfrey LP. Not sure how the McGuire Sisters got stuck on there, but who am I to question how such things work. You can order this from Amazon via this link. Wait, maybe I'm mistaken. Try this disc instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...