Thursday, November 22, 2007

Oodles Of Doodles CCCVIII-Christmas 2007


It wouldn't be Christmas around here without some great Christmas doodles. These little bits of artwork adorned the back sides of records back in the days when record companies tried to save money by printing the back covers in B&W instead of full color like the front covers. I've been sharing these since the very beginning of the blog, and as you can see by the Roman numeral 308 above, I've shared out quite a few. I don't think I have enough Christmas ones to post one a day this season, but I've got quite a few I hope to share with you during the next month. Today's wintry scene comes from the flipside of Season's Greetings From Perry Como (RCA Victor LSP-2066, 1959). I don't think I've seen any reissues of these great old albums that include the original rear artwork. Many of them even omit the original artwork from the front! (That's another goal of mine this holiday season. I've scanned many original LPs from my collection, and I want to share that original art with you. If you have a reissue CD without the original art, you'll be amazed at what you're missing. But that's for another day...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...