Friday, July 06, 2007

They Don't Know The Words


Right before I left Florida for California, I spotted two hummingbirds. They were gone before I could get to my camera, and never reappeared. Upon walking into the botanical garden near UC Berkeley, I spotted yet another hummingbird that I at first mistook for a bumblebee. Again, gone before I got the camera pointed. Several days later, I spotted a small bird flitting through some bushes near the Golden Gate Bridge. I wasn't sure if it was a hummingbird or a small finch. Then I saw the iridescence in his feathers and knew what I had was another hummingbird. He lit on a branch long enough for me to get off about 3 frames, then he was gone. So this is the best I could do. I'm going to have to get myself one of those sugar-water feeders or something if I ever hope to get any good pictures of these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...