Friday, August 11, 2006

Oodles Of Doodles CXCV


I stumbled across a large collection of polka records the other day. I was tempted to buy the whole stack of maybe 50 records, but I resisted the temptation, instead buying only the neat looking ones, or the ones with interesting song titles. That's how I ended up with the great doodle you see above. Look in the background and you'll see a member of he orchestra playing an accordian. I guess that's about the only way to identify this as a polka doodle. This picture comes from Johnny Pecon And His Orchestra-Pecon Polka (Capitol T883). I have very little desire to actually listen to this record, but maybe someday if I get invited to Oktoberfest, I can break it out and play it. Maybe.

Whoops, I forgot to point out the signature. It's there on the bass players left arm. I think it says Robt Limber, which I assume is Robert Limber. Hmmm, there's an illustrator by that name popping up on Google, but only from book sales. Gotta keep hunting.

6 comments:

  1. Hey will you go to the Oktoberfest with me? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send me a picture and we'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, you've met me before though. what's your email?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're my mysterious stalker from Tallahasse, aren't you? I don't know now if I want to give you my email address...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already have it anyway, i'll email you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oktoberfest isn't until, ummm, Spetember? No, Wait, October. I've got plenty of time.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...