Sunday, July 16, 2006

Dam Pictures


You may have thought the Las Vegas pictures were over, but you'd be wrong. On the last day, the two of us left rented a car and drove out to Hoover Dam. It's less than a half hour drive, and well worth the time. You're out in the desert for just a little while, then in some low mountains, then there it is, one of the largest structures built by mankind. It's so big that I didn't get many good pictures because we were so close. Shown above are the intake towers on the Nevada side that direct the water to the turbines. The dam sits on the Nevada-Arizona state line, but after seeing the lights of Vegas, I think I know where most of the power must go. The water is the most amazing green color for some reason I don't know. I'm used to green and blue water here in Florida, but it's not even close.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...