Saturday, July 08, 2006

Christmas In July-Part 8

Today's share is two versions of Ave Maria (The Schubert one, I believe), and just to lighten things up a little, a great track from The Four Freshmen called Santa Claus Is Flat Gonna Come To Town, from their second live album The Four Freshmen In Person, Volume 2 (Capitol ST 1860, 1963). It's a jazzed-up version of the well-known tune Santa Claus Is Coming To Town, and I think you'll enjoy it. As for the two versions of Ave Maria, one is by Johnny Mathis from Good Night, Dear Lord (Columbia CS 8012, 1958), which I just picked up today for a dime! The other is, in my opinion, much better, but less traditional. It's by Mario Ruiz Armengol And His Orchestra from 29 Strings And Then Some (RCA Victor LPM-1457, 1957). When that organ kicks in, I love it! So download and enjoy today's trio of tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...