Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Oodles of Doodles CLII


This record player & changer appears on the flipside of Just For Variety Vol. 3 (Capitol T946), a various artists collection of hip artists from the early sixties. Some of the names on here are Dean Martin, Les Baxter, Billy May, Nat King Cole, Stan Kenton, Les Paul & Mary Ford, The Four Freshmen, and a few second stringers. I'm not sure this really qualifies as a doodle, but I like it. It's probably one of the roughest pieces of art I've scanned and shared. Don't look too closely at it, you'll see what poor shape it's in, and I didn't do a wonderful job of restoring it. Many of the techniques I've learned over the past month didn't really help me here, so it was a lot of manual erasing and copying. But it's a nice little piece of art. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...