Monday, October 03, 2005

Let There Be Light


While in Ohio, I had the pleasure of visiting three lighthouses. Well, I at least saw three lighthouses. The one above, at the mouth of the Cuyahoga River in Lake Erie, was so far away I could only get a slightly blurry picture using a very long lens. I had hoped to take a boat ride and maybe get a closer view, but fate conspired against that scenario. (You saw this light before in the background of this sunset picture.)

This was the second lighthouse I got to visit, and I actually was able to walk out to this one. This small outpost marks the entrance to the Grande River (I think) and isn't really very old. I should post the sign on the far side that warns fishermen of the very, very loud foghorn.

This last lighthouse is across the river and up the hill from the last one. It's older than the other two, and no longer in service. If I'd been in Ohio a week earlier, I could have actually toured this one. But the tourist season was over, and I was out of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...