Thursday, September 29, 2005

Who's Gonna Complain?


Three years ago when I first visited Ohio, I drove past this cemetary and was fascinated by the masonary wall you see above. It circled the entire area and looked like it was made from old factory walls and recycled city streets, even bricks from old chimneys covered in once-molten slag. And then all these items were thrown together in a bizzarely random pattern. So I made it a point to get some better pictures on this recent trip. The wall is every bit as interesting now as it was then, just a little bit older. I also got a shot of the funeral home on-site, which is made in a similar style. I called the cemetary to ask about the wall, and their only comment was that it had been built by drunken masons. And in a cemetary, who's gonna complain?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...