Sunday, August 28, 2005

Oodles of Doodles CXII


OK, after that boring George Shearing, I figure I owe you something good. So how about a pair of doodles, courtesy of Living Strings? I brought you Living Marimbas earlier today, but we'll try to forget about that one. This first doodle is from Living Strings Play Music For Romance (RCA Camden CAS-637, 1960). Look close down at the lower right, and you'll see J Grey II, an artist we've seen at least twice before, here and here (as Jo Grey II). In fact, this doodle is very, very similar in both style and subject to that second one I linked to.

This time the LP is Living Strings Play All The Music From Camelot (RCA Camden CAS-657, 1961), and again we have a familiar signature. The RR you might spot down in the debris at the right side of the drawbridge is another initial that's popped up before here (and here) at Oodles of Doodles. I like the fact that specific artists are beginning to turn up with some regularity around here. Now if I can only track someone down who knows about these people...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...