Saturday, December 21, 2019

Jersey Boys (And Girls)

When I saw this record at the Salvation Army store recently, I thought it looked very promising. It was the only thing I found in the store that I needed, and I didn't have any cash on me.  I had to hide the record and run out to the car to scrounge some spare change and pay the $0.50. I got it home and recorded it a few days later, and it wasn't nearly as good as I had hoped. But if I record it, I'm gonna share it, so you get to hear what I heard.  I sat down to work on the cover art the other night and I was just about to Photoshop out the writing at the top and the bottom when I actually read it.  That's when I realized it was autographed by the namesake of the choir, Lewis Shearer, and his wife, the accompanist. I thought that was pretty cool, so I left it in the picture.  Maybe there'll be something on here that you can appreciate, but I was left a little cold.  This is The Lewis Shearer Chorale, Lewis A. Shearer-Director, Elsie Shearer-Accompanist-Born Today! (Record Room/Argus Records RR-1945, Stereo, 1977). Remember folks, you can't tell a record by it's cover!

1. Alleluia!
2. Glory To God
3. Come Ye Lofty, Come Ye Lowly
4. Go Where I Send Thee
5. Alleluia! Now Is The Christmas Morn
6. Go Tell It On The Mountain
7. Born Today! (Hodie Christus Natus Est)
8. Sing A Round For Christmas
9. The Christmas Polka
10. It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
11. Put Your Hand In The Hand
12. A Marshmallow World
13. Christmas Day Is Here
14. It's Beginning To Look Like Christmas

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. Looks like one of those records that are sold at the artist's concerts. "Dan" must have bought one. What d'ya think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one and ripped it a couple years ago. Debated sharing, even though it's nothing special. But now I don't have to...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not bad, and it has a couple pieces you don't hear everywhere. Doesn't mean I'll pllay it that often, but I don't hate it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...