Friday, December 01, 2017

Tis The Seasoned

Here's another one brought back from the past via the request lines.  Back in the early fifties, Capitol put out a series of EPs bringing together Christmas singles from various artists who didn't have enough output for an album.  It's pretty hard to find those releases these days, but I've been lucky enough to find most of them.  One of the truly forgotten ones is this collection of two singles from country funnymen Homer & Jethro.  Don't confuse these tracks with items of the same name on their later full Christmas LP, these are the original recordings in the original mono.  I first shared this out back in 2010, but just for you, I'm bringing it back this year.  Please enjoy Homer & Jethro-Seasoned Greetings (RCA Victor Extended Play 7" EPA 534, 1953, Mono).

1. (All I Want For Christmas Is) My Upper Plate
2. I Saw Mommy Smoochin' Santy Claus
3. Randolph The Flat-Nosed Reindeer
4. Frosty The Defrosted Snowman


Zippyshare

6 comments:

  1. I still have never seen a copy of this in the flesh. Or in the vinyl and cardboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite shares so far! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! And I was able to download it on my phone and listen with "Good Reader".

    ReplyDelete
  4. One day I win a copy of this on eBay or perhaps find one in a record store (snicker).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you please refresh this one, or has this become off limits now? I love this one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New link!

    https://mega.nz/file/EJ9yRZTR#6DOhUsUoeDJaqz2C_XiN9cVrFm4v2gIl9geoD87arFU

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...